Sunday, November 18, 2007

Best Movie I've Seen In a LOOONG Time


So Steve Carrell pulls it off as extremely funny, touchingly sad, and a great dad. Wow. I didn't know someone who plays someone so well who at being a bigot, completely insensitive to other's feelings, ignorant at 95% of what is going on around him,etc. could pull this off! He does in the movie Dan In Real Life. What a great film. We laughed throughout the entire movie watching him deal with the loss of his wife and then get through life being a single dad to three - very emotional-daughters. I actually want to go back and watch this movie again asap. We had all kinds of people around us in the theatre, older, teenagers, moms, young couples just having a ball watching this movie. I wouldn't call it a comedy per se (oops! Shane have I over used this???) but definitely something along the lines of hysterically heartwarmingly enjoyable. Go see it. NOW!

3 comments:

daisy said...

Kristi, I agree with you 100%. Such a great movie! I told Shayne that I thought even he would enjoy it (he is a little picker than me, when it comes to movies). I still am laughing about the pig-faced song....and the shower scene. Hilarious!

I hope Jackie and I didn't crash your romantic date night with your hubby.

Kristi said...

That's ok, we just saved it for later! Ha! It was great to see you I felt a lot less quilty. I talked to Daniel today and she want to go next time. Thanks for the call!

Holly O. said...

I am so desperate to see this movie! I'll probably wait for the DVD.