
Ok, this looked yummy and I'm trying to change up my blog a bit. With all the summer events going on you may just need to bring "something new". I got this off of splendidtable.org.
I'll let you know when I actually make it...

Roasted Asparagus Potato Salad
Serves 4 and doubles easily
You could cook the asparagus a day ahead, and make the salad hours before serving.
10 to 12 slender asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed away
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds (about 15 to 20) small, buttery, waxy potatoes, like Yellow Finn, red skins, the red-skinned San Luis Valley or Desiree potatoes, or Yukon Gold
Water
1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
1/4 cup wine vinegar, plus more as needed
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
About 3-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tightly-packed tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Small cluster of chives, snipped into little pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim, wash, and dry the asparagus. Spread them on a piece of heavy-duty foil, or a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with the one tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roll around to coat. Roast about 10 minutes, or until barely tender when pierced with a knife. They should be quite firm. Remove from oven and cool; then cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths.
2. Simmer the potatoes in water to cover in a 6-quart pot for 15 minutes, or until tender with a little firmness at the center. Peel and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Turn into a large bowl.
3. Gently fold in the onion, 1/4 cup vinegar, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons oil. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Just before serving, gently fold in the asparagus. Taste for tartness (potatoes mute vinegar very quickly), and salt and pepper. Add more vinegar and seasonings if necessary. Fold in the herbs. Serve at room temperature.
I'll let you know when I actually make it...

Roasted Asparagus Potato Salad
Serves 4 and doubles easily
You could cook the asparagus a day ahead, and make the salad hours before serving.
10 to 12 slender asparagus spears, tough ends trimmed away
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 pounds (about 15 to 20) small, buttery, waxy potatoes, like Yellow Finn, red skins, the red-skinned San Luis Valley or Desiree potatoes, or Yukon Gold
Water
1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
1/4 cup wine vinegar, plus more as needed
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
About 3-1/2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tightly-packed tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Small cluster of chives, snipped into little pieces
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Trim, wash, and dry the asparagus. Spread them on a piece of heavy-duty foil, or a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with the one tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roll around to coat. Roast about 10 minutes, or until barely tender when pierced with a knife. They should be quite firm. Remove from oven and cool; then cut into 1-1/2-inch lengths.
2. Simmer the potatoes in water to cover in a 6-quart pot for 15 minutes, or until tender with a little firmness at the center. Peel and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Turn into a large bowl.
3. Gently fold in the onion, 1/4 cup vinegar, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons oil. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Just before serving, gently fold in the asparagus. Taste for tartness (potatoes mute vinegar very quickly), and salt and pepper. Add more vinegar and seasonings if necessary. Fold in the herbs. Serve at room temperature.

2 comments:
You know I'll never make this, too many ingredients for this domestically challenged woman. But I just wanted to say that I miss my friend really bad! Can I come over and I'll bring the ingredients and desert and you can make it for me?
Oh Yeah! I miss you too! Please call me!
Post a Comment