Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trout Lake Here We Come!



Well, we're headed out! What am I doing blogging at 11:23 pm you ask? No idea. Ok, actually, I do know. I have this weird "issue" with packing for a trip. I don't do it until absolutely the last minute when my eyelids can hardly stay up. I don't know what it is! It may be that fear of packing your only earthly posessions that you will use for 13 days. (Like there isn't a walmart in the world I can go to in an emergency!)


Just thought I'd add this lovely photo of "my mountain". This is Mt. Adams and yes, it really is this beautiful where I grew up. Granted I had 54 people in my high school but who's counting? This lake I actually drove on in a friend's parents minivan one winter. This lake I decided to do a spin on the ice with ice skates and knocked myself out, this lake I've tubed down countless times with friends as if I had nothing better to do than float down a river (and I didn't!) So many good memories here in Trout Lake. I may have missed out on football games, malls, paved roads, and a McDonald's but this redneck's ok with that...

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

If you're ever in our corner of the world, call us! We'd love to see you guys. Have a great trip!

Holly O. said...

I hope you are having fun!!!

Whitney said...

It's no wonder you turned out so well!

Kenon said...

We are already missing you guys like crazy. I hope you have the best time ever in Trout Lake!!!

allison said...

Lucky! I am dying to take Adam there before your parents move- I hope we get to do it. It would be more fun to go when you guys are all there though!

HipHenstroms said...

Hope you are having fun...the Northwest isn't the same without you!

april said...

kris & greg! so great you are going to be up her in the NW ~ lets get a group together & catch up!

Holly O. said...

Are you home yet? I miss Kristi.