Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm IN






Today I'm starting a new day. Hopefully a new life outlook. I guess I'm just really sick of being stressed-out and in a "funk". I've been reading this book and reading this website (I know, everyone knows about this wonderful woman- I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon here) and I just think that I am in control of my life and my destiny and I don't want to waste another day not realizing I have such a wonderful life!


So I would like to post this wonderful quote by Author Anna Quindlen

“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11).

Ahhh... wish me luck as I embark!

8 comments:

daisy said...

Good for you!!!

Christin said...

Okay I'm dying to know what you are doing with crutches.

Christin

Good quote by the way. I've decided that a clean house is way overrated. Quality time with kids is WAY more.

Holly O. said...

Aren't you an inspiration to us all?!

Ences said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quote! If only I would take it to heart more often! Why does it always seem so hard to do the "simple" things in life! Thanks for the reminder!

Kristin said...

I'm in too! Great post Kristi. Just what I needed today! Love you.

Jennie said...

Thanks for putting things in perspective. I LOVE You!

allison said...

Good for you! I love that quote. I am going to have to try and remember that as my life is about to get busier and more crazy! Thanks for the inspiration and good luck!

Megan said...

I just finished the same book. It gave me a lot of perspective too. Thanks for reminding me to do something with it, instead of just thinking about it.