Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Is It Just Me Or...

Is everyone slacking on the blog thing as of late?
And then here I am feeling obligated to give my fans what they want; a list of things I do with my life....

1. In 1 months I've watching 2 1/2 seasons (SEASONS!) of LOST... I am now caught up.

2. I worked like a dog in my front yard this afternoon, wind whipping, sun blazing planting flowers and feeling the sun on my skin. It felt good. I didn't get a whole lot done. I kind of want to bulldoze my front yard now.

3. I'm loving working with the Young Women at my church. They are wonderful girls. I reflected tonight about how everytime I drop off the girls from our Wed. night mutual I have this really wonderfully light feeling rise up in my chest that I can only describe as JOY! Blessings from serving I guess...

4. I've been listening to the light hits from the 80's, 90's and more. (And more?- what time period is that?) Great hits like "Almost Paradise" , "Don't Stop Believi'n", "Faithfully", "Hands to Heaven", "Karma Cameleon" (Which I always thought was Come-a, come-a, come-a Camilia" what?), "Hungry Eyes" etc. Just take me BACK! I mean I'm 14 again!
This is usually how it plays out:
The song comes on, Rylee groans/screams, I threaten to karate chop her arm if she changes the channel and we all have to listen to me screech out "Open Arms"
5. Working out at a gym. But before I make you feel all jealous, here are my thoughts on working out: It hurts!, I'm so sore I feel like I have the flu all the time. Just when I'm feeling less total body pain, I go back for more. I'm tired, my jeans are all too tight- I bulk up when I do weights (yay Me!), I weigh more, Why am I doing this? In order to actually SEE the muscles that I'm making, it just means I have to eat less- that's no fun AT ALL!
Also, who likes to actually see themself in the mirror for an hour at 6 am, with no make up, sweat cut-offs, and your t-shirt clinging in all the wrong places? (Poor Chunk- see previous post for that one).
6. I'm off to watch TiVo'd American Idol. Does anyone else thing this is a lame season but me?

7 comments:

Rach said...

You crack me up-- I agree with the all around blog slacking...nothing exciting happening or what? I wish I was as motivated as you--Maybe you should run over and get my lazy butt out of bed at 6:00am and make me work out with you!

Carrie and Megan said...

I've only been slacking on the blog because I am newly addicted to facebook:) Did you ever work out with us at the girls only totally lame gym at BYU freshman year? Those were the days--effortlessly skinny and cute--before babies:D

Emma said...

I have been a total slacker on the blog thing. We had a blast with you guys! Seriously, so much fun. Thanks for hooking us up in Zions and watching our kids. We love you guys!

Kristi said...

One word. REZULTS. Be there 10 till 6 am Bluff and Sunset. Just signed up so I have to go... Any takers?

tara said...

ha. good luck with rezults! I was a proud member for 2 years. and never went ONE time. NOT ONCE. i got pregnant and had a baby. that's my excuse, anyway.

miss you kdog!

Jennie said...

I have been a blogger slacker... I am a bit obsessed with facebook, I think that is why. Or it's the excuse I am going with as of late. I am giggling, I just saw that your friend "Carrie" said the samething I just did! LOL! I Miss you girl!

Kristin said...

Oh please.... I haven't slacked on blogging AT ALL!! What are you talking about?? When "the usual" is posting 1 or so times a month, there is no pressure to live up to. And by the way, Miss 10% body fat looks freakin' awesome at the gym at 6 in the morn, especially when paired next to yours truely. I aspire to keep up with YOU!