After Chelan, we headed to Trout Lake (where I grew up since age 9)
for the annual Trout Lake Fair- or as I like to call it: The Redneck Reunion. Naw... it's no that bad....
Here you can see me in the process of damaging my knee for the remainder of the trip. I was determined to beat this 11 year-old girl in front of me... Can we say pushing 40? The guy behind me with the two kids in the jogger ends up blowing by me in a mile or two.
Rylee got to milk a cow finally!
I am determined to find a similar picture of myself in french braids milking a cow X-many years ago. Me and my two brothers participated in the Cow Pie Toss. Yep. Dried up cow pooh thrown like a frisbee. We almost won first place (well, Mike anyway) a huckleberry pie!
After the fair we bounced all over town getting in as much fun as possible: star-gazing, sleeping outside, spelunking,
hiking up Sleeping Beauty (or as Ben calls it the Mountain of the Queen), picking huckleberries, bike rides, and so much more. I even got to wear a jacket a few times.
Rylee and I posing in front of some waterfall outside of TL.
Rylee baked her frist pie- Huckleberry with her Grandma Janine.
We got back in St. George at 3am Sunday morning. It was nice to sleep in our own beds and even more wonderful to be greeted by our sweet friends and neighbors who did a stellar job of acting like they really missed us! THANKS! Will report later after some much-needed sleep.

4 comments:
okay. If I had the choice I would have never come home either. How great does that look? So glad you had a good time, but even more GLAD YOU GOT YOUR BUTT HOME :) even if it IS 140 degrees still.grrr.
Back to being sweaty is right!!! Glad you are home. I'm linking you, I hope that is okay.
That looks like the funnest trip!! You look really pretty in the pictures too. :)
Look Kristi, Kenon and Jennie just helped me sign on. I'm technologically current now! You look down right HOT in those pictures. Do I have pregnancy goggles or are you just getting skinnier and prettier on a daily basis. We also all agree that your husband is extremely handsome in the picture at the baseball game and not hard to look at in real life either! YOu rock, we miss you so bad. You are the best friend in the world!!!!!
Post a Comment