Tuesday, August 21, 2007

CHARITYIS.ORG


Hi all,

Just wanted to post something that has been on my mind for awhile now. I only wish I had more people seeing my blog. I have read several times now about the plight of people in certain parts of Africa who have a terrible time getting water- let alone anything that is worth drinking... They travel 3 hours at least to get this water and some are targeted by bad people and are molested on their way to the water hole. If you go to this really cute website called danielsonsdesigns.com you will find awesome signs and picture frames etc. Right now, they are matching donations of $20 to charityis.org. That is two for one help! When you get to their website go to our story and then there is a drop down bar titled our profit. On their list you will see a link to charitysi.org. Every $20 donation enables one person to have fresh water for 15 years. Right now, I believe the donations are going to get water for hospitals in Kenya.

We live such wonderful lives here- it would be a great feeling to help other s out! Have a great one!

4 comments:

Emma said...

That sounds awesome. Our water was shut off a little bit ago for 24 hours and I couldn't believe how much water we use. We truly are blessed to have such luxury.

tara said...

20 bucks buys a whole year of water? that is unbelievable. thanks for the info.

tara said...

woops...scratch that...
$20 bucks buys FIFTEEN yrs of water. amazing. We are spoiled rotten here.

Holly O. said...

We are spoiled rotten here. Thanks for the info.