I did it!! I went out of the country for the first time (if you don't include Canada) and came back alive.
Let me just say something:
Running on the Great Wall: $500 (UHH-mazing!)
Cute chinese dresses for my girls: 110 yuan*
2 dozen taxi rides around the city: 300 yuan
Eating a fried pupae: 1 yuan
4 black market Beijing Olympic 2008 T-shirts: 100 yuan
Living in a free country: PRICELESS
*(100 yuan= $14 US dollars)
Needless to say we had a great time. Our favorite thing about the trip was meeting wonderful, wonderful Chinese people AND amazing people from all over the world. There really are great people everywhere and after this experience, I vow to try harder to get to know perfect strangers because you wouldn't BELIEVE what great stories people have out there.
IT'S GREAT TO BE BACK!! (I'll add more pics later!)

4 comments:
Welcome home!!! I can't wait to hear your stories.
Congratulations! I am so proud and So jealous all at the same time. I would also love to hear all of your stories. Can I arrange a meeting on your porch to talk for hours! P.S. I am five days off of diet coke!
Going out of country is great isn't it. It's interesting to see how lots and lots of other people live and it makes you glad for your own life and family. Glad your home.
OH MY GOSH! Your life just gets more and more amazing! I want to make contact with you again Chick! I miss you
Post a Comment