Sunday, July 6, 2008

Grace is baptized!!


My little baby is baptized! We had a wonderful day preparing for Grace's special day. I know this is trite to say, but it seems only yesterday when she was a little teeny baby. Alright! This is getting pretty sappy! But really, there is nothing like seeing your gangly little girl in a white dress with pig tails experiences something so important in her life. She decided, on her own, to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and be baptized just like Jesus was. We love her and are so proud of her!

Of course the first words out of her mouth after the fact was, "Now it's time to party!"

14 comments:

Kyle & Jamie said...

Congrats to Grace. Cute pictures did you do them or did you have someone else?

Kenon said...

We just got the announcement yesterday. I was going to ask the same thing...did you take the pictures? SO CUTE!! Tell her congrats. Can't wait to see you guys...miss you tons!

daisy said...

Way to go Grace! Sorry we missed your big day.

Holly O. said...

We were so sorry to miss the party. She is such a DOLL!

JD and Alicia said...

she looks darling! sorry we missed it!

Kristi said...

My lovely friend Holly, third comment down did these. She is amazing. If you ever need a photographer, just let me know or check her out on "my peeps" on my blog.
It was a great day. I wish all of you could have been there as it was a perfect night. Hey! There's always ben in 3 years!

allison said...

She is so beautiful! We would have loved to be there. Give her a kiss for us and tell her we're proud of her!

Megan said...

Congratulations Grace! I can't believe how grown up she is!!

Christin said...

Good to see you yesterday. Grace is getting so big.

Christin

Whitney said...

Wish we could have been there. I love that beautiful baby girl, I mean big 8 year old girl. See you in a couple of days. WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

Jennie said...

We were in Oregon and had our mail held, and when we got back, here was this gorgeous announcement for Grace's baptism. I really wish it was a time that we could have come. We would have if we'd have been around. Anyway, it's not sappy to look back... I remember that first week at church when she was 6 weeks old! Happy Birthday and Congrats Grace! We love you!

tara said...

grace is GORGEOUS in those pics! that photographer is SUPER. she should go pro:)

MISS YOU LADY!!!!

Ashlee said...

We got your cute invite- thank you for thinking of us! Sorry we couldn't be there. Congrats to Grace! I remember her sitting in a tiny carrier in church. The prettiest baby ever! I can't believe she's 8- I hope it was loads of fun and she partied hard (after the spiritual part, of course!)

april said...

grace, you look beautiful! wow guys, get ready to guard you door for that girl, when she turns 16! congratulations!