Grace:
"Mom, What does Obedogga mean?"
Me
"I said, I'll be doggoned..."
Grace:
"What does THAT mean?"
Me:
"I don't know, good question, probably more of a WOW."
This post is a shout out to all those old schoolers out there who use vintage phrasing to get their point across. One of them being this amazing gal. She can be known for gems like, "That person has more money than Carter has pills." Who's Carter?, we don't know. Whitney will actually say, "Oh that is my cup of tea!" Yes, she says that.
There's also my dad, he's great for a, "YELLOW!" every time he answers the phone. Or our family's personal favorite, "Boyyitellya" Which translated is, Boy, I tell ya. A perfectly good phrasing for things like, "Hey, I've got something interesting to fill you in on."
Then there's Hugh Grant's "Oopsie Daisy!" in Notting Hill as he falls climbing up a wall but I can't seem to find the video!! (THIS is why bloggins is such a time sucker!!) I will appease all my readers out there with this lovely video from Love Actually.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My PeEp'S bLoGs
- Doug and Carol
- Kreative Kids Preschool
- Gibbons
- McCazlines
- Secret Sisterhood of the....
- Perritons!
- George and Charakie
- Cory and Sun
- Mandy
- Tonya and Fam
- Kitchens
- The Hills
- Camerlee
- Birdy and IeMers
- Whit
- Daisy
- Ash and Chase
- Haroldsen Fam
- Cec!
- Blattner Family
- Stohl Family
- A & A Hammond
- Love of Nie
- Holly
- Lumina
- Melanie
- Emma and Mike
- Jennie
- Ashlee
- Kenon
- Tara

3 comments:
You forgot Brian's go-to phrase of late: "dad-gum-it" Yes indeed. I hear it many times a day.
"well I'll be hog-tied" is a personal favorite as of late. i need to know your friend. vintage old fart phrases are a delight for me:)
You can use my "For crying out loud!!" I use that one all the time... Kenon and I had an evening once where we were trying to figure out what our most annoying "old man sayings" were. My personal fave is "working hard, or hardly working?" Hardy-har-har...
Post a Comment