Sunday, June 13, 2010

Carnival!!

 

Grace turned 10 this weekend.  We celebrated by having a carnival.  These things sound so much more fun 2  weeks previous and in you mind. Planning and shopping and putting this together was a major feat.  I wondered whether it was all worth it until I saw the kids having such a great time.  And the best part about it, is that I have all the gear to have the same party for Mia and Ben! YAY!
 
Bean Bag Toss station. 
 Ben was in charch of this station and loving taking the tickets and giving out the prizes.

This was the favorite booth.  As soon as I blew the whitsle, the kids all ran and stood in line at this one.  Duh!  The prize was a real goldfish!  We had to start putting limits on how many they could win so they would go to other booths and play.
Popcorn booth.  Probably should have just done another game as they didnt care too much about popcorn with all the other things going on.  It was cute though.  Notice the cans on the corners of the tables.  One thing about St. George weather, if its not freezing or blazing hot, its a beautiful day but WINDY! 
We asked Ry's friends if they would come over and man the booths and they did a wonderful job.  I couldn't
have pulled it off without their help.  Here we have the Ring Toss booth.  If they "ringed" a bubble that was their prize.
Best part about this booth was that no one was maimed throughout the whole day!  This was a fun one.
Notice the stripey poles.  This was a cheap and easy way to decorate with PVC pipe and red electricians tape.  We just pounded rebar into the grass and put the PVC over the rebar. Add some crepe paper streamers and balloons to the top for a carnival-ie feel.  EASY!

The face painting was a big hit. Ry did a wonderuf job painting faces.  She started out with  cute rainbows, goldfish and flowers.... 
It escalated into eyeshadow, mustaches, beards and monobrows.
These were the most fun!  They're called Body Boppers and I found them at Oriental Trading Co.  Its the next best thing to Sumo suits.


7 comments:

Dana said...

How fun, I am going to have to steal some of these ideas!! Love and miss you!

The Taylors said...

AH! When did you find the time?! The energy?! It looks SO FUN! I wish we could have been there! Happy Birthday, Grace!

Kenon said...

Holy cow. I want to come to that party. Miss you tons.

Bybee family said...

You did such a great job!! Holden's birthday is in August, thanks for doing all the party planning for me! :)

Emma said...

So fun! So cute! I love the cake, backdrops, pvc decor. Great job Kristi! I love Ben's mustache. Crack'n me up! Love that kid.

Ashlee said...

Sooo fun! Can you please come plan and then run birthday parties for my kids please?!? Thanks!

Kristin said...

um...WOW!! That turned out so cute! You are the best mom. Honestly. I wish I could have been there to help. What a cute girl and a cute party.