My parents moved down here to live next to us in St. George.
Finally!
We are excited to have them here and closer- like just up the street!
As many of you know (and for those who don't) my dad has been suffering (as well as the rest of the famly) from Parkinson's Plus (the plus part is the bad part- dementia).
He has been dealing with this since about when Ben was born in 2003, but this past year it has rapidly gotten worse to the point where we can see diffrences in his condition in a matter of a week, sometimes days.
Not only is is hard watching my dad lose 50 lbs., his ability to speak, his smile, his ability to recognize family, to feed himself, and worse.
I've had to watch my mother lose her husband, her friend and her lover.
You just can't imagine the feeling of living with only a whisper of a memory of someone you've spend over 40 years with. She unfailingly and exhaustingly cares for him every day -with hardly a break- from morning until night- and then into the night when he wakes up several times to go to the bathroom or for anxiousness. She is a marvel to behold in perserverence!
I feel grateful to have them closer and to be able to support them through this process.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My PeEp'S bLoGs
- Doug and Carol
- Kreative Kids Preschool
- Gibbons
- McCazlines
- Secret Sisterhood of the....
- Perritons!
- George and Charakie
- Cory and Sun
- Mandy
- Tonya and Fam
- Kitchens
- The Hills
- Camerlee
- Birdy and IeMers
- Whit
- Daisy
- Ash and Chase
- Haroldsen Fam
- Cec!
- Blattner Family
- Stohl Family
- A & A Hammond
- Love of Nie
- Holly
- Lumina
- Melanie
- Emma and Mike
- Jennie
- Ashlee
- Kenon
- Tara

9 comments:
You, my dear, are such a blessing to those cute parents of yours.
Oh Kristi I am so glad they finally made the move. I know you have wanted to be closer to them for so long to help your mom. You will be an amazing support, you are such a strong person. Love and miss you dearly!
love you k-dog.
You are all lucky to have each other. Glad they are finally here.
That brought me to tears. Your sweet mom truly is a saint! I'm glad they finally made it and that they can have family to surround them. We will have to come down and visit soon. I want to see their house and visit with everyone. We miss you guys!
So glad they finally made it here. I've been praying for this day for a long time, as I'm sure you have! What a great example your mom is. And you too!
We're glad they're here, too! That brought tears to my eyes as well. You 2 are just alike, taking care of everyone. Hope to see you soon!
I'm so glad you get to have them close. But I'm so sorry to hear all that you have been experiencing. Best of luck to all of you!
Oh Kristi......I know exactly what it's like to watch what you're seeing. My dad passed away a little over 2 years ago from brain cancer. It's so heart-wrenching watching the steady decline in someone who was so independent and vibrant (and young!)..and to watch your mom, like you said, lose her best friend a little more each day. I'm so glad that you're closeby to be able to support both your parents. Please know that I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. It's a difficult trial, but you'll all make it through and be stronger from it.
Post a Comment